About a year ago – I had 20 followers on Twitter, no presence online and was no more a thought leader in startup circles than your typical Miss America beauty contestant is about geography
So I decided to take personal branding a little more seriously. And given that I now receive job offers regularly through my Linkedin profile, I guess something worked.
Recently a good friend of mine Marc, founder of Graduate Job Tips blog, interviewed me about Personal Branding – and we spoke about what’s required to grow a personal brand and get noticed by the right people.
In this interview we discuss:
- The best platforms to use to grow a personal brand
- How to make LinkedIn really work for you
- How to get recommendations on Linkedin, without asking for them!
- The importance of creating an opinion based blog when branding yourself
- How to integrate a multitude of platforms and create one interconnect online resume
Your Turn: Got any personal brand secrets ? Share them in the comments below
Check out Marc’s awesome site Graduate Job Tips